- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/white-chocolate-truffles
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner\'s sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- Makes about 2 dozen truffles
- Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add sugar, egg yolk and almond extract; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a shallow glass casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Place in miniature foil cups at room temperature to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.