- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/white-chocolate-caramel-creme-brulee
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for White Chocolate Caramel Creme Brulee. This creamy dessert has a surprise hint of caramel inside.
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces soft caramel candies, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 475ºF (190ºC).
- In a saucepan, scald cream over medium heat just until steaming and bubbles form around the edge, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate and stir until melted.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 cup of the vanilla until blended. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the cream mixture in a thin steady stream. whisk egg mixture back into saucepan.
- Divide the caramels among 12 shallow 4 ounce ramekins or crème brulee dishes. Divide the custard mixture over the caramels.
- Place dishes in a roasting pan and pour in hot water about halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake in a preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove dishes from water and let cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, for 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, preheat broiler (if you have a small kitchen blowtorch you can eliminate this step). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly on top of each chilled custard. Using a blowtorch or broiler, brown sugar just until bubbling, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.