- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 3, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/walnut-and-three-bean-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, fresh, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup parsley sprigs, flat leaf, tightly packed
- 2 teaspoons sage, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- coarse salt as needed
- 1 1/2 cups flageolets or navy beans, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups haricot verts or green beans, blanched and drained
- black pepper, freshly ground as needed
- 24 whole, small, leaves Romaine lettuce
- 24 California walnut halves, toasted
- small sprigs basil, parsley or sage (optional, as needed)
- To make walnut pesto, place basil, parsley, sage, walnuts, cheese and garlic in food processor and process until finely ground. Add juice, then with motor running slowly add oil and process until mixture is thick and emulsified. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- toss flageolets, black beans and haricot verts together in large bowl. Add pesto and toss to combine and coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each of 4 lettuce leaves. Top each with a walnut half and, if desired, garnish with an herb sprig.
- Serves 6: 1 serving = 4 leaves with salad Nutrition information per serving: 424 calories, 14g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 28g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium.