- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/vegan-mint-chocolate-chip-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. Impress your vegan friends with this cookie recipe!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Makes 8 large Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Combine wet ingredients in another large bowl. Add wet to dry and mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place 8 scoops on a well oiled or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with hand. Space evenly so cookies have room to spread. Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Allow to cool before enjoying.
- Variations: Replace walnuts with toasted pecans or macadamia nuts. Replace chocolate chips with carob chips or dried fruits. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa or carob powder to above. Try adding 1 tablespoon spirulina.