- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 26, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/vegan-chewy-chocolate-raspberry-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened ccoa powder (sifted if clumpy)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Time: 35 Minutes
- Makes 2 Dozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the raspberry preserves, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the other ingredients. Add the dry to the wet in three batches, mixing well with a fork after each addition. When you get to the last batch, you may need to use your hands to work the batter into a soft, pliable dough.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and then flatten them with your hands into 2 1/2-inch diameter disks. Place on a cookie sheet (they need to only be 1/2-inch apart because they don't spread out when baking). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. You can also serve these cookies still warm over a scoop of ice cream. Or three.