- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/vanilla-delight-vegan-ice-cream
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Vanilla Delight Vegan Ice Cream. If you are vegan you're sure to find joy in this ice cream recipe.
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups organic cashews or cashew pieces
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Makes About 1 Quart
- Cut the vanilla bean into small pieces. Grind to a fine powder in a clean coffee Grinder. Combine the ground vanilla, cashews, water and syrup in a blender. Blend on high until silky smooth - at least 1 minute.
- Place the blender in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight, until well chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.