- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Serve this spectacular recipe for truffled mashed potatoes with your Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup milk, approximately
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Fresh, ground pepper, to taste
- In a 4 or 5 quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water and salt to a rolling boil; add potatoes and cover, return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan, (use water drained from potatoes to make gravy).
- Meanwhile, in a 1 to 1 1/ 2 quart pan, over low heat, warm 3/4 cup milk until steaming (do not boil), approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, truffle oil, and 1/2 cup of the hot milk to potatoes and mash with a potato masher or electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is as lumpy or smooth as you like, gradually beating in up to 1/4 cup additional milk and more butter, if desired.
- Potatoes should be light and fluffy, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: finely chopped fresh parsley, green onions, or other herbs may be added at the end for color/flavor.