- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/tostaditas-de-tingla-poblano
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe to cook Tostaditas De Tingla Poblano. This recipe comes to us courtesy of Chef Priscila Satkoff of Chicago's fabulous restaurant Salpicon.
- For the Meat:
- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes roasted, peeled and chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 ounces canned chipotle chiles (or to taste)
- salt to taste
- 24 small tostaditas (small crispy tortillas)
- 1/2 cup Mexican cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado dice
- Serves 6 as an Appetizer (24 small pieces)
- For the Meat: Cut the meat in 3 by 3 inch pieces. In a medium sauce pan put the meat to boil cover with water, onion, garlic and salt for 1 1/2 hours. or until the meat is nice and tender. Let it cool, and shred.
- For the Sauce: In a medium sauté pan heat the oil, when this is hot add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, add the chopped garlic and sauté. Add the tomatoes and cover, let simmer for about 8 minutes then add the chorizo, shredded pork, the chipotle chiles, cloves, cinnamon and thyme. Mix well and let it simmer for 2 more minutes, add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the dish: On small tostaditas put 1 ounce (about 1 tablespoon of meat), garnish with a small amount of cream and small pieces of avocado.
- Options: This also makes great tacos using soft tortillas.