- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-ultimate-lemon-bars
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for The Ultimate Lemon Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup boysenberry preserves (or flavor of your choice)
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- additional confectioner's sugar for topping
- Makes about 2 dozen bars
- Preheat oven to 350° F. To make the crust, mix flour, nutmeg and sugar in a large bowl, cut in the butter until crumbly (a food processor makes quick work of this process). Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325° F.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until foamy, add remaining filling ingredients and Beat until well combined. Spread the preserves over the cooled crust, then pour the lemon mixture over the preserves. Bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a payer of confectioner's sugar. Let stand until cool before cutting into bars.