- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 26, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-ultimate-green-smoothie
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is the ultimate green smoothie recipe. This green smoothie recipe is packed with antioxidants, fiber and raw nutrients which are easily utilized and absorbed.
- 1 1/3 cups hazelnut or almond milk (original, unsweetened is best)
- 2-4 large leaves of green kale, dino kale, Swiss chard, etc. (or 2-4 oz. baby spinach leaves)
- 1 carrot
- 2/3 cup ice cubes
- 1 medium orange, peeled and quartered (leave some of the white peel for the extra nutrients)
- 1 medium apple, quartered
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup berries, (blueberries, acai, raspberries, strawberries, etc.) or grapes or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 large banana or 1 small banana
- 1/2 avocado
- In a Vita Mix (or powerful blender), put hazelnut or almond milk, green leaves, carrot and ice cubes and turn on to high, slowly, until blended smooth.
- Turn to low and add apple, orange and berry/pineapple choice and turn to high until smooth.
- Turn to low again and add banana and avocado and turn to high until smooth.
- It’s important to rotate the greens and berries. It’s fun to experiment with other kinds of fresh fruit. I like the pineapple the best. Mango is another favorite.