- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/the-classic-margarita-cocktail
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (an orange liqueur)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- simple syrup to taste
- salt 1 wedge lime for ganrish
- Make a slice in a lime wedge ad run the edge around the rim of a glass (in order to make a wet edge on the glass). Dip wet glass edge in salt. Fill a large cup with ice and add remaining ingredients. Shake well. Pour ice and drink into salt rimmed glass for margarita "on the rocks". for a "straight up" margarita, strain out the ice. For a frozen margarita, place all drink ingredients, plus ice, in a blender and process until ice is crushed. Pour into salted glass and enjoy!