- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/summer-berry-sponge-cake-recipe
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This simple sponge cake recipe was created by Denise Thompson, co-owner of Johnstown, Pennsylvania's Back Door Cafe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups scalded milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- Melt 2 tablespoons Butter in the scaled milk.
- Beat eggs and sugar until lemon yellow in color. Add flour, vanilla and scaled milk/Butter mixture. Mix well (batter will be thin). Add fresh berries and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center springs back when touched. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.