- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/sugar-free-low-carb-popcorn-balls
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Meema's Sugar-free, Low Carb Popcorn Balls. These are a fun, festive snack for anyone on a special diet.
- 2 bags microwave popcorn
- 1 cup Maltitol®, powdered
- 1/2 cup Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pop the corn and remove the unpopped kernels. Place into a large mixing bowl. Mix the Maltitol®, syrup and vinegar together in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly to a temperature of 240°(soft ball). Immediately turn off heat and add the butter. Stir until blended and then pour over the popcorn. Using a long handled wooden spoon, quickly toss the popcorn with the hot mixture. You have to work fast before the candy sets up and be careful not to touch the hot mixture. After the corn is well coated, and the mixture is cooled a bit, butter your hands and gently (carefully) grab up handfuls and pack into balls. Be sure to recoat your hands with butter in between making each ball.
- Effective carb count per serving: 7.8