- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/sugar-free-low-carb-eggnog
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Sugar Free Low Carb Eggnog. This eggnog uses a reduced calorie, sugar-like sweetener that’s lower in carbs but full of flavor.
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 cup powdered Maltitol
- 2 cups Vanilla Sugar free Syrup
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Makes 16 Small Punch Cup Servings
- In the top of a double boiler, heat vanilla syrup over boiling water then add Maltitol and whisk until smooth. Beat the egg yolks until lemony colored. Add 1/4 cup of the hot syrup slowly to the egg yolks, whisking continuously until the eggs are warmed. Then add the eggs slowly to the hot syrup, whisking until well blended. Heat this mixture until it coats a spoon. Add the nutmeg and remove from heat to cool. You can hasten this by placing the double boiler over a saucepan of cold water.
- Whip the cream, adding the vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites in another bowl until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream and egg whites together and then gently fold in the cooled egg yolk mixture. Add the bourbon. (Note: if you wish to omit the bourbon, add 2 tablespoons rum extract and 3/4 cup water.) Chill thoroughly before serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Total carbs: 16 Per Serving: 1 carb