- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/string-beans-with-garlic-anchovies-and-hot-peppers
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for James Peterson's String Beans with Garlic, Anchovies, and Hot Peppers. If you ever start getting bored with the flavor of string beans, this is a classic Italian way to pep them up.
- 1 recipe Basic Boiled and Buttered String Beans, omitting butter, (click here for recipe)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed to a smooth paste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 anchovy fillets, soaked for 5 minutes in cold water, drained, patted dry and finely chopped (soaking optional)
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Drain the beans and return to the pot used for boiling. Toss the beans with the garlic mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately. The beans can also be allowed to cool and the served at room temperature as a salad.