- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/strawberry-rhubarb-compote
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Compote. Serve this fruit compote warm or cold, over waffles, pancakes or with yogurt.
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 3/4 cup honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Clean and cut strawberries into quarters. Place chopped rhubarb in saucepan with honey or sugar. Cook over medium heat until tender. Add strawberries; cook 7 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and lemon juice. Serve warm or cold, over waffles, pancakes or with yogurt Diabetic Exchanges:
- 2 Starch/Bread
- 1 Fruit