- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/strawberry-crepes-with-dark-chocolate-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Strawberry Crepes with Dark Chocolate Sauce. You could substitute any ripe fresh fruit, but strawberries make for an especially pretty dish. The sauce is also a delicious dip for fresh fruit.
- Basic Crepes (click here for recipe)
- 1 pint fresh, ripe strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Dark Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetener*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- Prepare crepes according to recipe.
- Prepare Chocolate Sauce:
- Place chocolate in a non-reactive bowl. Place milk and fruit sweetener in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and heat until hot to the touch but not boiling. Pour hot milk over chocolate in bowl, add vanilla extract, and let sit a few minutes until chocolate has softened. Stir until Chocolate has melted completely. (You can serve sauce immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to one week. To serve, heat in microwave just until hot and liquid.)
- Divide strawberries evenly among the crepes, arranging them down the middle of the crepes, and roll the crepes up around them. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of Chocolate sauce decoratively over each rolled-up crepe. Serve immediately.
- * Liquid fruit sweetener made from concentrated fruit juice, Fruit Sweet is the brand name product made by Wax Orchards and is available in natural foods stores and well stocked supermarkets. Dr. Gott includes a recipe for making your own fruit sweetener in his book.