- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Spinach Soup. This recipe is from Chicago's Zinfandel restaurant and Chef Susan Goss
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, medium diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, both green and white parts
- 1 3/4 cup peeled Yukon Gold potatoes, medium diced
- 3/4 pound cleaned spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a wide skillet, heat oil and sauté onions, green onions and potatoes until onions soften. Do not brown.
- Add vegetable stock and stir well then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Add spinach and stir until leaves wilt, 1/2 minute. Remove from heat immediately -- an important step or you will lose that beautiful brilliant green color.
- Cool the soup to warm. Pureé in batches in the blender or food processor. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Tip: It is important to cook, cool and pureé this soup very quickly!