- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/spicy-tuna-hand-roll-sushi
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thick, hot chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sesame oil (rayu) or to taste
- 1/4 pound block sashimi grade raw tuna, diced
- 2 sheets nori, reroasted
- 1 cup prepared sushi rice
- soy sauce
- pickled ginger
- Yield: 4 Hand Rolls
- 1. Prepare the spicy mayonnaise by stirring together the mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, and hot sesame oil in a bowl.
- 2. Add the diced tuna to the bowl, turning it over to coat it well. Refrigerate the tuna if you are not using it right away.
- 3. Cut the nori sheets in half, forming 4X7 inch half sheets.
- 4. Place a half sheet of nori in the palm of your left hand, shiny side down. Dip your right hand into a bowl of vinegared water and then tap your fingers on a damp towel to remove excess water. Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the nori, toward the top portion of the nori, patting the rice out on a diagonal, from the top area of the nori toward the heel of your palm (see illustration on page 90 of Sushi for Dummies).
- 5. Spoon one-fourth of the spicy tuna mixture onto the rice. Fold the bottom left corner of the nori over the fillings and then continue rolling to the right until you have a cone shaped roll. Make 3 more hand rolls, following these instructions. Serve immediately with soy sauce as a dipping sauce, and pickled ginger to cleanse the palate.
- Per hand roll:
- Calories 133 (From Fat 17); Fat 2g (Saturated 0g); Cholesterol 14mg; Sodium 1,409 mg; Carbohydrates 17g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Protein 10g.