- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/south-beach-diet-peanut-butter-and-jelly-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup granular sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy trans-fat-free peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar-free jam, any flavor
- Makes 12 (2-piece) Servings
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla together with an electric mixer on low for 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and baking soda. Mix on medium until dough comes together, about 30 seconds. Form dough into 24 (2-teaspoon) balls and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart. Gently press your thumb into the center of each to make an indentation. Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Per serving: 140 calories, 11 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 210 mg sodium.