- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/south-beach-diet-deviled-eggs
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 larges eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Makes 20 Egg Halves Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with cold water to cover. Partially cover pan and bring water to a full boil. Reduce heat to low, cover completely, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 20 minutes. Drain eggs in a colander and then run cold water over the eggs to cool. Place eggs in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- When cool, peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, red peppers, sour cream, capers, chives, mustard, salt, and black pepper to taste; mash with a fork until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the yolk mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- Make-Ahead: eggs can be hard-boiled up to 2 days in advance, peeled, and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can fill eggs up to 2 hours before the party; carefully cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with paprika just before serving.
- Nutrition Per Serving (with 3 cucumber slices): 50 calories, 2.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 150 mg sodium.
- Nutrition Per Half Egg: 60 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 110 mg sodium.