- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/south-beach-diet-chocolate-covered-strawberries
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for South Beach Diet Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. Toasted sesame seeds add extra crunch and a tasty surprise to this easy-to-eat dessert.
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 20 larges strawberries with stems, rinsed and dried
- Makes 10 (2-piece) Servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Chill Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- While nuts are toasting, place sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, gently shaking pan back and forth, until seeds are golden, about 5 minutes. Allow nuts and seeds to cool, then mix together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat chocolate and half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking until chocolate is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Line a baking pan with wax paper. Dip strawberries into chocolate (about three-quarters of the way in), then dip one side into nut and seed mixture, coating well. Place nut side up in baking pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes, and serve.
- Make-Ahead: walnuts and sesame seeds can be toasted up to 3 days ahead. strawberries can be dipped up to 8 hours ahead. Carefully cover berries and refrigerate; do not freeze.
- Nutrition Per Serving: 90 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg sodium.