- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 24, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-minestrone-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) basil, oregano, and garlic-flavored diced tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1 cup string beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (19 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini (small tube shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: Low 8 Hours
- 1. Lightly spray a 6-quart slow cooker with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3. Place the cooked vegetable mixture in the slow cooker. Add the string beans, cabbage, potatoes, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine.
- 4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Add th kidney beans and pasta 20 minutes before serving. Cook until the pasta is tender.
- 5. Stir in the cheese and serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 297 Calories (27 From Fat); 10 g Fat ( 2 g Saturated); 4 mg Cholesterol; 1770 mg Sodium; 42 g Carbohydrate; 9 g Dietary Fiber; 12 g Protein.