- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lemon-garlic-chicken
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart
- 1. Combine oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub all of mixture into chicken. Brown chicken in canola oil in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Place water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon cubes in skillet. Bring to boil, loosening Browned bits from skillet. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover. Cook on High 2-2 1/2 hours, or Low 4-5 hours.
- 4. Add parsley and baste chicken. Cover. Cook on High 15-30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Exchange List Values: Meat, very lean 4.0, Fat 1.5.
- Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 210 (calories from Fat 71), Total Fat 8 gm (Saturated Fat 1.2 gm, Polyunsat Fat 2.1 gm, Monounsat Fat 3.8 gm, Cholesterol 84 mg), Sodium 283 mg, Total Carbohydrate 1 gm, Dietary Fiber 0 gm, Sugars 1 gm, Protein 32 gm.