- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 25, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-good-morning-granola
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 cup old-fashioned oats (do not use quick-cooking oats)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup nonfat powdered milk
- 2 cups dired cranberries or raisins
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen, unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: High 2 Hours; Low 4 to 6 Hours
- Yield: About 24 Half-Cup Servings
- 1. Lightly spray a 6-quart slow cooker with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the oats, almonds, powdered milk, and dried cranberries in the slow cooker.
- 3. Combine the apple juice concentrate, oil, honey, and salt in a bowl and pour over the oat mixture. Stir to combine.
- 4. Cook, uncovered, in high for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Reduce to low and continue to cooking, uncovered, for 4 to 6 hours, or until dry and crisp. Stir frequently while the granola is on low to prevent over browning.
- 5. Let cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- 305 Calories (70 From Fat); 8 g Fat ( 1g Saturated); 0mg Cholesterol; 70 mg Sodium; 50 g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 8 g Protein.