- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-glazed-carrots
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 32-ounces (2 pounds) baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- brown sugar substitute to equal 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4 quarts
- 1. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover. Cook on Low 3-4 hours until carrots are tender-crisp.
- 3. Put carrots in serving dish and keep warm, reserving cooking juices. Put reserved juices in small saucepan. Bring to boil.
- 4. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl until blended. Add to juices. boil one minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5. Pour over carrots and serve.
- Exchange List Values: Carbohydrate 0.5, Vegetable 2.0, Fat 0.5.
- Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 108 (Calories from Fat 29), Total Fat 3 gm (Saturated Fat 0.6 gm, Polyunsat Fat 1.0 gm, Monounsat Fat 1.3 gm, Cholesterol 0 mg), Sodium 115 mg, Total Carbohydrate 20 gm, Dietary Fiber 4 gm, Sugars 12 gm, Protein 1 gm