- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-foolproof-rice
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking Slow Cooker Foolproof Rice. You'll never again have to deal with anything other than perfect rice when you make it like this in your slow cooker.
- 1 cup regular raw, white or brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place all ingredients together in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- This Foolproof Rice recipe really does work, even with the small amount of water required. Covering the slow cooker and setting it on low effectively turns your slow cooker into a rice steamer. The rice will have the consistency of steamed rice and will not be the kind of "sticky Rice" that you would get from cooking it in a pot on the stove top.