- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-corn-chowder
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Chicken Corn Chowder. Here’s a slow cooker recipe for an everyday supper or part of your festive holiday dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- an all-purpose seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 -1 cup half-and-half
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Recipe contribution by Michael Gulan, Champion Press Ltd. Publishing Assistant
- A Tip from the Kitchen A pat of butter swirled into a soup, sauce or stew at the very last minute adds depth and hidden flavor to the dish. It's just one little pat! French cooks have used this secret for years -- 'finishing' their sauce with a little swirl of butter. Used sparingly, it's a nice addition to your repertoire.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and sprinkle in an all-purpose seasoning to taste. Add the cubed chicken and sauté till lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the next seven ingredients to the slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on low setting 5-6 hours, or until chicken is done and veggies are tender. During the last 15 minutes of cooking add the half-and-half cream and adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and white pepper