- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/slow-cooker-basmati-rice-pudding
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 cups (1 liter) whole milk or enriched rice milk
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Demerara or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown basmati rice, rinsed
- chopped unsalted pistachio nuts
- Lightly grease your slow cooker's stoneware insert.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, stirring often. Add sugar and cardamom. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Transfer to prepared slow cooker stoneware. Place a tea towel folded in half (so you will have two layers) over top of stoneware to absorb moisture. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours, until rice is tender and pudding is creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl and cool to room temperature. Garnish with pistachios and, if desired, whipped cream.