- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/shrimp-and-tomato-tequila-cocktail
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Shrimp & Tomato Tequila Cocktail -- a unique appetizer with shrimp, ripe fresh tomatoes, spices and tequila! A unique twist on a traditional shrimp cocktail that will have your guests clamoring for the recipe.
- 2 pounds fully ripened fresh Florida tomatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 T)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked large or jumbo shrimp, cleaned
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes and finely chop. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeÃ±o, lime zest, salt, pepper, tequila, lime juice and liqueur (if using) until blended. Chill. Spoon an equal amount of the tomato salsa into 6 margarita or wine glasses. Surround with chilled shrimp, dividing evenly.