- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/scallops-in-champagne-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops, size 20-30
- 1/4 pound bay shrimp meat (tiny shrimp)
- 2 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped shallots
- 1/3 pint heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces Champagne
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sifted flour
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Start with a cold 8-10 inch skillet (non-stick skillet, or like chef Jacques, copper). Grease the skillet with a thin coating of butter. Add shallots, scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, Champagne, water and salt and pepper to the cold skillet. Put on the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and strain out the scallops, shrimp and mushrooms and keep them warm.
- Mix flour and remaining butter to form a paste. Return the stock (minus the seafood and mushrooms) to the stove and bring to a hard boil. Reduce stock by 40%. Add the butter paste to thicken. Add cream and return to a hard boil, stirring until all flour is dissolved and sauce is thick and creamy. Return seafood and mushrooms to pan, bring to a boil and serve immediately.