- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/round-layered-party-sandwich
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- You Will Need:
- assorted sliced deli meats
- assorted sliced cheeses
- oil (preferably olive oil) and vinegar
- salt and pepper
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onions
- pepperchini's, drained and stems cut off
- soft cream cheese with garlic and chives
- a loaf of round shepherd bread or other crusty bread
- Serves 8 (can serve more or less depending on the size of your bread)
- Cut a slice at the top not very deep into the bread and remove the insides of the bread leaving it hollow like the picture at left. Spread cream cheese spread on sides and bottom and cover well. This will help seal the bread.
- Start constructing your sandwich with a layer of cheese being sure to cover the entire bottom of the bread going around in a circle. The first layer of cheese should come up sides a little. Follow with a layer of each type of meat. After the meat layers add the tomato, onion then sprinkle with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. Add some pepperchini's. Repeat the process, ending with a layer of cheese. Be sure to press down all layers well you want this sandwich to be very compact. Be sure to fill the bread completely to the top.
- Spread cream cheese spread on the inside of the top you cut off. Place top of bread back onto your sandwich being sure to align it so it looks like it was never cut off. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. To serve cut like a pie into wedges.
Snacks, Meat, Beef, Pork, Ham, Sandwiches and Wraps, Camping, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, New Year's, Mardi Gras, St. Patricks Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Halloween, Finger Foods