- Recipe created by FabFood on Apr 9, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/roasted-vegetable-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 black plums, cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into eighths
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into eighths
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 2 cauliflower florets, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed seasonal greens
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (14 to 19 oz/398 to 540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- On prepared baking sheet, combine plums, red pepper, carrot, onion and cauliflower. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the oil and arrange in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- In a salad bowl, Toss greens with roasted vegetables and pan juices. Add remaining oil, vinegar and chickpeas. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if required.
- You can use 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed, instead of canned.