- Recipe created by FabFood on May 26, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/roasted-black-pepper-chicken-wings-with-maple-bourbon-glaze
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Roasted Black Pepper Chicken Wings with Maple Bourbon Glaze
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 chicken wings, cut in half at joints tips removed and discarded (click here for detailed prep instructions)
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- Makes 24 Pieces
- Prepare wings for cooking, click here for detailed photo instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine the black pepper, salt, and cayenne. Place the wings in a reclosable plastic bags. Pour the pepper mixture in the bag, close it and shake well to coat the wings.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place the wings on a baking sheet and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the bourbon, maple syrup, and molasses, plus 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. simmer the mixture until reduced by about half and thickened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- When the wings are done, toss them with the glaze while they are still warm.