- Recipe created by FabFood on May 26, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/roast-duck-with-blackberry-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe to cook Roast Duck with Blackberry Sauce. Impress your family with this beautiful duck recipe served with Blackberry Sauce.
- 4 boneless duck breasts halves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cassis or Chambord®
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock, reduced to 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- fresh blackberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season duck with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan with water. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While duck is baking, prepare the sauce. Place cassis, vinegar, and brandy in a saucepan over high heat and reduce until syrupy. Add stock and reduce to desired consistency. reduce heat to low, and whisk in the butter, a little at a time. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Remove duck breasts and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with blackberries, and accompany with the Blackberry Sauce.
- Pour some warm blackberry sauce onto a dinner plate at the six o'clock position. Slice the duck breast on an angle and fan on top of the sauce. garnish with fresh blackberries and radish sprouts. In addition to being attractive, the slight bitterness of radish sprouts creates a nice contrast to the sweetness of the sauce.