- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 20, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rigatoni-with-sausage-peppers-and-onions
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Rigatoni With Sausage, Peppers, and Onions, a read submitted recipe at FabulousFoods.com.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausages
- 2 red bell peppers, cored,seeded and sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and brown on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the sausage.
- Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the bell peppers, onions, salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 5 minuntes. Add garlic, oregano and basil. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir, then add the Marsala wine, tomatoes with juice, and red pepper flakes. Stir everything together to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cut the sausages into bite size pieces. Return the sausage to the pan. simmer until the sauce is thickened about 20 minuntes.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta until slightly firm. Drain, then add to the sauce; toss everything to combine, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Feeds four healthy eaters.