- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/rhubarb-sour-cream-coffee-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Rhubarb Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Take advantage of rhubarb's short season this spring and surprise your family with this tasty coffee cake treat.
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup rhubarb, but into 1/2\" pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350Â° F.
- Mix together sugar, nuts, 2 tablespoons butter and cinnamon until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream together brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and egg thoroughly. Alternate adding dry ingredients and sour cream until all our incorporated into brown sugar/egg mixture. Stir in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 13\" X 9\" x 2\" baking pan (you can also bake these in small individual loaf pans) and sprinkle with reserved topping. bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester come out clean and top is golden brown.