- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-tacos-con-puerco
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Tacos con Puerco. This Mexican style recipe makes a quick-fix supper that kids and adults alike are sure to love.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomatoes, cut up
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 taco shells
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- In heavy skillet, brown ground pork; stir in undrained canned tomatoes, onion, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and uncovered, until most liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat taco shells and portion filling into shells, top with tomatoes and lettuce.