- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-microwave-hard-candy
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon flavoring*
- food coloring
- *flavoring may include lemon, vanilla, cherry, almond, peppermint or other extracts
- Thoroughly mix sugar and light corn syrup in glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. Quickly stir the sugar mixture and then cover with a NEW sheet of plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 minutes and 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. After boiling has ceased, stir in coloring and flavoring. Pour syrup quickly, onto wax paper covered cookie sheet or into non-stick sprayed molds. Cool completely before breaking into pieces. Store in airtight container between sheets of waxed paper.