- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Pumpkin Peanut Soup. The combination of peanut butter and cream, makes this unusual soup very rich. It goes together in a snap for an elegant first course.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 can (29 ounces) pumpkin
- OR equivalent fresh cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Finely mince the onion and celery and garlic.
- 2. Melt the butter in a stock pot and sauté the onion, celery and garlic in the butter for about five minutes or until soft.
- 3. Add flour and stir for a minute or two until it's dissolved.
- 4. Add the stock, followed by the remaining ingredients, whisking the mixture so it remains smooth.
- 5. Simmer for about fifteen minutes and serve.