- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/prune-apple-breakfast-bread
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup uncooked prunes (1/4\" dice)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup raw apple, peeled & shredded
- Combine prunes and boiling water; set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Sift into mixing bowl and add light brown sugar.
- Combine eggs, sour cream and melted butter. Add to flour mixture. Stir until lumps disappear. Add grated apple and the cooled prune and water mixture. Stir just until blended. Turn batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center springs back to touch and edges shrink from sides of pan. Cool slightly, abut 10 to 12 minutes, before removing from pan. Slice when thoroughly cool.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Bread; 1 Fat; 1/2 Fruit