- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 20, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pretty-in-pink-cheese-and-red-wine-dip
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 225g (8 oz) finely grated medium or mature Cheddar cheese
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) dry red wine
- 25G (1 oz) soft butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1. Pour the grated cheese into a bowl along with the wine and butter. Combine the ingredients together until they form a light, fluffy texture.
- 2. Add the Tabasco and a small amount of seasoning as the cheese may provide an adequate seasoning of its own.
- 3. Transfer the mixture to pretty bowls or a pate dish and allow to cool.
- 4. Serve with hot melba toast and butter.