- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-fried-chicken
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pressure Cooker Fried Chicken. While you can't really fry in a pressure cooker, this recipe makes use of the technique to brown the chicken, then quickly finishes cooking under pressure.
- 1 chicken cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 1/4 cups water
- For a 6 quart pressure cooker: Mix all dry ingredients in bag, add chicken and shake. Put shortening in pressure cooker and fry chicken just like you would in a regular frying pan without the lid or rack. Once browned remove chicken . Add diced onions and water put rack in pressure cooker. Put chicken back in pressure cooker and on the rack and put on lid. When your cooker reaches pressure, lower heat to stabilize pressure and time for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking remove from heat and and let sit until you no longer hear the pressure hissing out -- run cold water over cooker for a few minutes to completely release pressure.
- To freeze for future use, put the cooked chicken on a tray and put it in the freezer until well frozen then put in bags to pick individual pieces as needed. When ready to eat, reheat in a 400° F oven until crisp -- about 45 minutes.