- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Pressure Cooker Arroz con Pollo. This version of a Spanish classic is most true to its Iberian origins.
- salt and pepper
- 1 3 -pound chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, or 2 canned plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Generously salt and pepper the chicken pieces.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and tomato. Cook until the onion is soft. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the peas, stock, salt, chicken, and chorizo, with any accumulated juices. Stir well.
- 3. Cover and bring to high pressure over high heat. Lower the heat to stabilize the pressure. Cook for 7 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the heat. Let the pressure drop using a quick release method.
- 5. Unlock and remove the cover.
- 6. Fluff the rice and serve.
- Per Serving: Calories 390 (From fat 147); Fat 16g (Saturated 3g); Cholesterol 61mg; Sodium 639mg; Carbohydrate 33g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Protein 26g.