- Recipe created by FabFood on Apr 9, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/poached-peaches-with-vegan-lavender-custard
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Poached Peaches with Vegan Lavender Custard -- The fragrant flowery taste complements the bland flavor of the custard.
- 4 peaches, halved
- 3?4 cup (175 mL) apple juice
- 1?2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- Lavender Custard
- 1?2 cup (125 mL) soy milk or rice milk
- 1 piece (3 inches/7.5 cm) vanilla bean
- 1 piece (2 inches/5 cm) licorice root, optional
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) dried lavender buds
- 12 ounces (375 g) silken tofu
- In a saucepan, combine peach halves, apple juice and wine. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the tip of a knife meets with some resistance when inserted. Remove from heat and let peaches stand in the poaching liquid until ready to serve or overnight.
- lavender Custard:
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine soy milk, vanilla bean, licorice, if using, and lavender. Cover, Reduce heat and simmer until bubbles form around outside edge of pan. Let cool with cover on. Strain and discard vanilla, licorice and lavender. In a blender or food processor, process tofu until smooth. With the motor running, add cooled soy milk through opening in lid. Blend until smooth. Using a slotted spoon, lift peaches into bowls and top with custard. Custard will keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Use only organic lavender, which has not been chemically treated.