- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/poached-fillet-of-sole-with-wild-rice-cilantro-and-lime
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 4 sole fillets, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 limes, halved
- Serves 4
- Wash and pat the fillets dry. Combine wild rice, cilantro and carrot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Lay fillets on work surface. Layer rice mixture over entire fillet, 1/2 inch thick. Roll fillets end to end, jelly roll fashion. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Place fillets in a skillet with lid. Add white wine and enough water to barely cover the fish. Cover the skillet and poach gently (do not bring liquid to a boil) for 5-10 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Remove fillets from liquid carefully with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid to a rapid boil and reduce to 1/2 cup. Add butter and whisk to incorporate. Squeeze the halved limes into the sauce. Taste after each addition. Sauce should be left tart, but not overpowering. Carefully transfer fish and rice to serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve immediately.