- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed allspice
- 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Makes 1 Dozen Pickeled Eggs
- Take a fork and gently pierce each egg through the white to the yolk about 6 times, but leaving the whole egg intact. Pack the eggs into a clean 1 quart jar.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Let liquid cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour liquid over eggs in jar, tightly cap jar and refrigerate. It will take about a week for the eggs to absorb the flavorings and they will keep, refrigerated, for several weeks.