- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 5, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pear-salad-with-glazed-pecans
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pear Salad with Glazed Pecans. This is a great salad for fall when pears are at their peak.
- cooking spray (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces or field greens
- 2 small ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing (click here for recipe)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat thoroughly with cooking spray.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and pecan halves, stir in just to coat. Cook until the sugar melts, then reduce the heat to low. Stir and continue cooking until the sugar turns golden brown. Remove from heat pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet. Let them cook, then separate into pieces. The pecans may be glazed ahead of time and stored in an airtight container.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens and pears. Drizzle on the vinaigrette and toss lightly to coat the lettuces and pears. Divide the salad onto four plates and garnish with glazed pecans.