- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pasta-with-tequila-lime-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pasta With Tequila Lime Sauce. This rich sauce is perfect over pasta, but it's also great on grilled fish or chicken, making it a versatile addition to your cooking repertoire.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 12 ounces fettucine pasta
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 diced roma tomatoes
- grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon
- Combine garlic and shallot with tequila, lime juice and vinegar. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add cream and cook until reduced by 1/2. Strain out garlic and shallot if desired. Return sauce to heat and whisk in butter. Mix corn starch with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk into sauce to thicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta pot and stir. Add drained pasta with green onions and tomatoes to sauce and mix well. Serve garnished with cilantro, if desired.
- You can also top the pasta with grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon (Cheri likes to marinade the grilled meats in Honey Lime Marinade before grilling) for a heartier meal.