- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/passover-jam-thumbprint-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Passover Jam Thumbprint Cookies. These delicious cookies are perfect for Passover since they use potato starch and matzoh meal instead of flour.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups matzoh meal, minus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- juice of 1 lemon
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- jam (about 1/2 cup), your choice of flavors
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer for about 10 minutes until creamy. Add eggs and Beat 5 minutes more. Sift together cake meal, potato starch, and salt. Add to batter. Mix in lemon juice and peel. Form dough into 1\" balls, and roll these balls in the finely chopped nuts. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets about 1 1/2 \" apart. Make a small indentation in center of cookie with thumb.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and press down centers to keep indentation. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Spoon jam into center of each cookie.